The system in our borough is not working and the entrenched parties don’t have the answers. We believe together we can bring long-awaited change to Kensington & Chelsea.
Local Politics Run Locally
On 3rd May 2018 you are not voting for your MP, you are voting for your Council. It’s not about National party politics it’s about good local Councillors.
No Absent Voices
Grenfell has changed this borough forever. We want a council that represents all of us and our diverse needs.
A Borough That Works
Our councillors will listen, hear and act.
We will fight for people, not for political parties.
Advance Together People
We will field candidates across the borough in the local elections to be held in 2022. We are your neighbours and friends; small business owners, entrepreneurs, lawyers, community volunteers, skilled professionals and teachers.
Brompton and Hans Town
Advance Together Ideas
We will reform the planning process, making it more transparent and ensuring that no one with a vested interest will sit on planning committees.
Homes will be made safer and any issues raised by the community will not be ignored.
A better future built on many small ideas and one big vision
Advance Together – Is now a New Political Party
Advance Together will field candidates across the borough in the local elections of May 2018. Advance Together will be the only independent party challenging the Conservative-dominated Council.
Advance Together will focus on core borough-wide policy areas, and spend the coming weeks sharing ideas door-to-door and at community events:
- Reform housing and planning. To look after neighbours and neighbourhoods by creating new homes, reforming the process of planning and making homes safer.
- Provide opportunity and Create safer streets. Work to enhance all that is being done well in the borough and strengthen its impact. This will include apprenticeships, mentoring programmes and after school opportunities for our young people. Invest in safer streets programmes and police officers.
- Clean up our air. Using high impact, short-term solutions to deliver cleaner air and streets, air filters in all our schools and enforce no idling.
We will Challenge the council’s operation, working to ensure all voices are heard. We want to break the current system that allows for a small number of Councillors to make all the big decisions.
Advance Together candidates are a true reflection of the diverse communities we hope to serve – teachers, gardeners, local business owners, skilled professionals, community volunteers from here and around the world. All united by a committed passion to deliver on the promise – for people, not politicians.
Community and home
Build healthy homes and strong communities. We need to care for the young and old, the ill and the weak. We will promote opportunity and human rights and ensure that no one is discriminated against based upon race, sex, age, colour, creed, national origin, religion, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, gender identity, economic status, philosophical persuasion or physical disability. When someone goes after any community we have to stand up against that.
We embrace the future and encourage technological innovation and the development of growth hubs. Rather than making prescriptive policies, we will establish clear goals. We can build a stronger local economy and healthier society by introducing a learning framework to explore opportunities, understand the real challenges and identify the best possible solutions for our community. We want to get it right.
By introducing mentoring schemes between schools and sharing good practice, we can help equalise opportunity and help our students access the skills they need to participate in the workforce. We need to raise the ambitions of students who fail to attain their academic potential and make sure that there is the opportunity for life-long learning that is necessary in today’s economy. Sound education, proper nutrition, and a healthy, sustainable environment are possible. New technology will help us address the pollution problems near our schools.
Electoral and Governance reform
RBKC needs an overhaul to build up its capacity to deliver. Create systems that are designed to address the needs of residents. Tax and spending reform will help us make sure that we are investing in the future. New local systems to devolve power and create transparency and a new electable accountable Mayor to push through change.
64% of residents recently polled are likely to vote for Advance and our new approach.
There are huge gaps
- Politically we have to engage with our communities to make sure that we understand what is happening on the most local level and to ensure that politicians and residents all remember that good politics and good government is dynamic and participatory.
- Housing is fundamental to the health and prosperity of individuals, communities and the country. We have to be resourceful and innovative to address structural problems so we can make housing work.
- Intergenerational inequality and the lack of economic mobility in certain sectors of our population must be addressed in order for our community to prosper.
- Our infrastructure is struggling under the strain of poor investment, increasing usage, and climate change and tired, out-of-date thinking.
- Our population is ageing so we must maintain and improve the NHS and Social Care to deal with this.
- Pollution is killing us and making us sick. We need a programme of short and long-term solutions.
- The future of work is changing, we need to prepare and ready ourselves for the new skills that will come with the arrival of AI. There are opportunities and challenges and with investment and planning we can be at the forefront.
This is a moment to see more, and to see better the community and the country we live in. There are political solutions to the things that concern us. We get to choose a path forward that reflects our values, our reality, and that provides fairness for everyone who lives and works in RBKC.
Advance Together News
Press release 20 th September 2018: A new force emerges in British politics. The Renew Party and Advance Together today announced an alliance, creating a fresh and unified challenge to the status quo. Renew founder James Torrance said “We have admired Advance...
Whilst we didn't win any seats, we are so grateful for the thousands of people who voted for us! So Thank you! And for this great write up by the Evening...
Windrush Children What is this about: Recent changes to the law mean that if you wish to work, rent property or have access to benefits and services in the UK then you will need documents to demonstrate your right to be in the UK. Some individuals have lost documents...
'While Advance Together has policies — it is pro-EU — its ethos is more about trying to transcend binary, left-right party...
Follow Advance Together and join the movement